It’s never too late to follow your dreams. Kelesha Martin is a shining example and living proof of this. After retiring from a career in classroom and VAPA teaching, Kelesha followed her heart back to her first love-music. Starting as a pianist, then devout flautist, she later began exploring digital recording and production tools-Cubase and Reason.Eventually, Kelesha was drawn back to her roots with piano which has become the foundational instrument for her current work...
In 2016, Kelesha met Cori Jacobs, Grammy Award member,as she sought out collaborators with the goal of releasing a series of singles. Cori requested that Kelesha send him only her best keyboard demo. This set the standard for their collaborative relationship and stretched Kelesha’s abilities and talents for each recording from that point forward. Another collaborator Kelesha has continued to work with on songs, and video production is Kellie Rivers. Other pivotal figures in Kelesha’s musical career include Richard Adams, Elena Duran, Dr. Scott Bowen, Jennifer Shaw Navarrete, Dr. Wesley Broadnax, Carol Scott, Art Holton and Tim Swaim.
Kelesha has written a symphony that was recorded and performed primarily by B.Z. Lewis, Six time Emmy Award winning engineer, songwriter and producer. B.Z., a Classical Music Major, was the perfect featured artist for this. Kelesha was composer and pianist on this score. In addition to this, she has recorded with B.Z. for sixteen years now as he continues to make her vocals and instrumental pieces shine.
Recent and current projects include:
- First official music video where Kelesha plays piano, sings background vocals and dances. LaShonda Roberts choreographed the dance routine for the video.
- Band directing at SUSD as a Substitute Music Teacher.
- Soprano Flautist in local group –Wednesday Morning Musicale.
- Past member of the Sacramento Flute Club
- Single and video release of “Back to Love” by early 2022.
- One more score-Kiekie’s Song – a Hawaiian Song
What Is A Friend? 4:160:00/4:16
Show Your Love 3:300:00/3:30